Do you really think Hatha yoga helps us achieve our desires?
As per traditional schools, often some of the following categories of Hatha Yoga practice are used to optimally respond to the needs and objectives of the Hatha Yoga practicioner :
- Shrishti Krama Hatha Yoga : This practice stimules growth on all levels in youth : physical, mental, spiritual. It requires a youthful and healthy body. The main objectives are to improve concentration, flexibility and energy flow through the nadis.
- Siksana Krama Hatha Yoga : This Hatha Yoga practice aims at perfection in all asanas and the further development from pranayama excercises into the controll of the bandhas & other main instruments of yoga.
- Rakshana Krama Hatha Yoga : The objective here is to maintain health, which is an ideal practice for the householder yogi. Relaxation is very important in this practice.
- Adhyatmika Krama Hatha Yoga : Another practice particularly suited for householder yogis, but with a more spiritual objective : hatha yoga practices that lead to uncovering and strengthening the connection to the inside.
- Chikitsa Krama Hatha Yoga : Cikitsa means therapy and this Hatha
- Yoga practice thus is a healing practice. It is about regaining balance on the physical, emotional and spiritual levels in order te remove dysfunctions.
- Shakti Krama Hatha Yoga : This Hatha Yoga practice aims mostly at developing Shakti, which means power. It is mostly practiced by Sadhus (renunciates).
- Combinations of these 6 practices are also possible of course and many yoga schools have developed other practices.